Sunday, January 5, 2014

Shoveling is the Devil

...especially when your driveway is steep.  Think 45 degree angle steep.

We should have thought about that driveway a bit more when I bought this house in the dead of summer.  And when I say we, I mean my dad should have looked at me and said, "Shoveling this driveway will be a bitch."

Of course, he didn't see the house until after I had the home inspector walking through the house, but I certainly won't make that mistake next time.

I hate that I'm shoveling the snow only to watch the snow just fall back onto the driveway.  However, I need to at least be able to attempt work tomorrow, and shoveling 10+ inches of snowman snow off of my driveway sounds like effort that this fat kid will not have any desire to put out - especially if it's -35 degrees.

My cat is obsessed with the snow.  I think her tiny, walnut sized brain is curious as to how she is seeing the same stuff fall out of the sky in each window.  Yes - I have all the blinds pulled up specifically so this little fur ball can witness Snowpocalypse 2014.  If you don't do what she wants, she just follows you, batting your ankles and meowing until you comply with her demands.


Her particularly favorite view is from her basket in the front window.  I asked her if she wanted to help shovel, and this was her look.  Just as well - she'd probably be terrible at it.

Oh well.  Off to shovel (again).  

No comments:

Post a Comment