Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's Getting Warmer...

...and by warmer, I mean it's above 0 degrees.  Practically balmy considering where we've been.

My water softener malfunctioned...causing it to freeze...costing me $200 to unfreeze it so I could shower like most respectable members of society do.  They say I don't need a water softener because I live in the city, and 'city folks don't usually have them.'

Either way - I'm not having anything installed until this hellacious winter is OVER.  I'm also considering forgoing purchasing my new countertops and instead building a little sauna box around the water closet in the garage so nothing will ever freeze again.  

However, I've been lucky enough not to lose power, but I'm two days behind on what could be the worst week to be two days behind on...so we'll see how tomorrow goes.  I don't even care at this point what time I get to work - I just want to get there in one piece.

***

I took an adventure out in my car today, trying to figure out the best way to get to a main road for tomorrow.  Some jackass in a jeep was on my bumper from the moment I pulled out of my subdivision until I pulled into the next one up the road.  As this guy hauled ass around me while I turned, he spun around three times, and it would have been four had that power pole not been in the way.

Idiot.  I tried to feel bad for him - but I couldn't.  And by the three other cars that watched him spin into the pole and keep on driving, they clearly didn't feel bad for him either.  But just so you know, had I not watched you climb out of your car, looking at your jeep as if you couldn't figure out how this happened, I would have at least called 911.

No comments:

Post a Comment