Friday, January 3, 2014

Adult Supervision Not Necessary - This Time Anyway

I realize it's probably ridiculous for me to be this proud of my snow day accomplishment, but I am.  While trapped in my house thanks to Mother Nature's wrath of snow, I got brave and decided to repaint my bathroom, and then put up all the new stuff my mom and I purchased at Kohl's this past weekend.

Before, my bathroom looked something like this:


Both of the bathrooms in my home were recently redone, and in all honesty, I wouldn't have repainted this blue-gray bathroom except that I repainted all the surrounding areas some form of blue or gray.  I haven't been really firm on a lot of decisions I've made with my house - often deferring to my mother because she's much better at the decorating stuff - but a few weeks after I moved in I had the idea to paint that bathroom green.  

This is what my bathroom looks like now.  When I found the shower curtain at Kohl's, I knew it was a sign, and I'm actually quite proud of the fact that I was able to match the light green in the curtain to the light green on my wall.  The paint is Behr's 'celery sprig,' and while it doesn't look like a complete match in the photo - I promise it's identical in person.



Of course, I thought when I started this adventure that the bathroom would be a piece of cake to paint.  After all - there wasn't much wall.  

I didn't take into account all of the crap I was going to have to paint around - or in case of the toilet - behind.  This bathroom is a tiny bathroom too.  Not a lot of room was to be had for my body to somehow hug and wrap around the toilet to paint behind it.  I tried for like, ten minutes.  I really did.  But when I realized I was in a pretty good place to potentially find myself stuck without my cell phone nearby to call for assistance, I said screw it - and just blindly painted.  So far, I can't see any of the old color, but if I do (or really, if my mother does), I have a third of the gallon left to slap up on there.  

The spare bedroom next door is mostly taped up, ready to be painted.  This room is going to be three different colors...and as soon as I get up the guts to start painting it, I'll post pictures.  Two of the colors are black and pomegranate red.  The other is silver.  The black and pomegranate red are making me nervous - only because those are the two colors I have horrific visions of in regards to me somehow dumping onto the carpet.  Yes - I have plastic to put down (like, an obscene amount of plastic) - but I'm gifted when it comes to managing the impossible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment